“May God Bless The Great Republic ”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Great Republic of Pardice is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Kan Davis with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.234 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of South Palm. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports industries.
Violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, environmental protestors are being rounded up and taken away in sinister black vans as a massive land development campaign gets underway, White Tigers with strange deformities like three eyes and tentacles have been seen prancing through the countryside where industrial waste is dumped, and the nation's WA representatives have received a very public sacking after Pardice allowed its WA membership to lapse. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pardice's national animal is the White Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is None, and its currency is the Pary.
Most Recent Government Activity: 34 days ago
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 8 days ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 12 days ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 15 days ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 19 days ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 26 days ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 28 days ago: Pardice was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 34 days ago: Pardice altered its national flag.