“Put your helmet on; we'll be reaching speeds of 3.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: The Genesis Corporation
The Moonbase Facility of Paranoidia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Buff Drinklots with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.483 billion Paranoidians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moonbase Alpha. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paranoidia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Paranoia, and its currency is the No.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 23 hours ago
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Paranoidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Paranoidia lodged a message on the The Genesis Corporation Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Paranoidia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 6 days ago: Paranoidia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Paranoidia, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Paranoidia, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 7 days ago: Paranoidia lodged a message on the The Genesis Corporation Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Paranoidia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn General Halcones".
- 8 days ago: Paranoidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 8 days ago: Paranoidia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.