The Interactive Community of Paradox is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by His Majesty Johan Andersson with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.028 billion Paradoxians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Spirituality, with Defense, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Welfare and Healthcare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johan's Burg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.0%.
The very strong Paradoxian economy, worth 237 trillion Paradox Points a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Gambling, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 23,725 Paradox Points, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 230,034 per year while the poor average 118, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, citizens must pay to enjoy Paradox's pristine beaches, and His Majesty Johan Andersson has just been declared ruler of Paradox in an international press conference. Crime is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Paradox's national animal is the Platypus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paradox's influence in Paradoxia rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Paradox was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pro-Market and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides, the Top 5% for Highest Crime Rates, and the Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and Most Avoided.
- : Paradox relocated from Maltropian Puppet Confederacy to Paradoxia.
- : Paradox altered its national flag.
- : Paradox relocated from Lazarus to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- : Paradox was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Paradox ceased to exist.
- : Paradox was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- : Paradox's influence in Paradoxia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Paradox fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.