The Interactive Community of Paradox is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by His Majesty Johan Andersson with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.519 billion Paradoxians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Spirituality, with Defense, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Welfare and Healthcare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johan's Burg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.6%.
The very strong Paradoxian economy, worth 177 trillion Paradox Points a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Gambling, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 23,602 Paradox Points, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 228,841 per year while the poor average 117, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, citizens must pay to enjoy Paradox's pristine beaches, and His Majesty Johan Andersson has just been declared ruler of Paradox in an international press conference. Crime is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Paradox's national animal is the Platypus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity: 35 days ago
- 34 days ago: Paradox's influence in Maltropian Puppet Confederacy fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Truckler".
- 35 days ago: Paradox altered its national flag.
- 35 days ago: Paradox relocated from Balder to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- 35 days ago: Paradox was refounded in Balder.
- 35 days ago: Paradox ceased to exist.
- 39 days ago: Paradox fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 69 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- 71 days ago: Paradox fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 77 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- 137 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.