The Interactive Community of Paradox is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by His Majesty Johan Andersson with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.09 billion Paradoxians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Spirituality, although Defense, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Welfare and Healthcare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johan's Burg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.6%.
The very strong Paradoxian economy, worth 190 trillion Paradox Points a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Gambling, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 23,602 Paradox Points, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 228,841 per year while the poor average 117, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, citizens must pay to enjoy Paradox's pristine beaches, and His Majesty Johan Andersson has just been declared ruler of Paradox in an international press conference. Crime is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Paradox's national animal is the Platypus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 21 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 22 days ago: Paradox relocated from The Rejected Realms to Paradoxia.
- 23 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 26 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed.
- 28 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 31 days ago: Paradox lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- 31 days ago: Paradox relocated from Maltropian Puppet Confederacy to The Rejected Realms.
- 45 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).
- 48 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- 54 days ago: Paradox was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).