“Citizens of Panageadom are Men of Wealth and Taste”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Freedom-Seeking Republic of Panageadom is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Cambyses Bohr with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 15.15 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals concentrates mainly on Education, although Law & Order and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Babylon. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Uranium Mining.
Suburban families are finding themselves increasingly short on food as they waste precious water on their lawns, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people, and welfare funding has recently gone through the roof. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Panageadom's national animal is the protozoa, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the leaf.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Panageadom was endorsed by The Benevolent Dictatorship of RichardJG.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Panageadom, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Panageadom, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Panageadom, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 4 days ago: Panageadom voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 6 days ago: Panageadom withdrew its endorsement from The Free Republic of Shadow Afforess.
- 7 days ago: Panageadom lodged a message on the Capitalist Paradise Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Panageadom lodged a message on the Capitalist Paradise Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Panageadom, suburban families are finding themselves increasingly short on food as they waste precious water on their lawns.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Panageadom, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Acario, Demonslove, Freedombourg, Veno, Roxie Hart, Aremark, Burtonia WA Embassy, New Cathedra, Perpendiculous, United Kodiaks, Gradenk, Plisskenstan, GabeWorld, Napoo, Grey Order, Scientia Major, Noaniah, The Lost, Nationalist Nation, UNDelegate, The Catholic Bogside, Eaglais, Tyzoid, Red Snapperstein, Singpu, Microsol, Salvatorian, Rovertun, FASTERCAT, Poopsancagizal, Theodoran, Octal, The United Oman, Nazerin, Pilotto, Shadow Afforess, Tonakistan, NoZombieMen, Edgemaster, Tuti, Luthatania, Capitalist Producers, Edison Culver, Talgor, New Troug, Kaputer, Tiago, Gerbasi, and RichardJG.