The White Republic of Palix is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, complete lack of public education, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 12.029 billion Palixians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Law & Order, with Defense and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.9%.
The powerhouse Palixian economy, worth 780 trillion palixes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Soda Sales. Average income is 64,870 palixes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 245,190 per year while the poor average 11,941, a ratio of 20.5 to 1.
Litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job, volunteers are signing up to take arms against an incursion of flesh-eating zombies (Palix has found 2 easter eggs), the government spends millions of palixes every year prosecuting spammers, and calling out of the blue has become taboo. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Palix's national animal is the mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Palixism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Palix, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- : Palix was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Palix ceased to exist.
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Palix, the government spends millions of palixes every year prosecuting spammers.
- : Palix was refounded in Osiris.