“Regions Will Fall”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The North Arctic
The White Republic of Palix is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and renowned for its ban on automobiles. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.626 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Soda Sales and Basket Weaving.
The police force is on a recruitment drive, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, newspapers may not print any negative stories about the government, and anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Palix's national animal is the mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Palixism, and its currency is the palix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 9 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 12 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 68 days ago: Palix resigned from the World Assembly.
- 81 days ago: Palix fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 85 days ago: Palix fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 85 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy.
- 86 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, newspapers may not print any negative stories about the government.
- 90 days ago: Palix was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 90 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 101 days ago: Palix lodged a message on the The North Arctic Regional Message Board.