“Regions Will Fall”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The North Arctic
The White Republic of Palix is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.157 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, moralistic individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Soda Sales and Basket Weaving.
A ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, newspapers may not print any negative stories about the government, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy, and families consisting of more than three people are forced to split up. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Palix's national animal is the mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Palixism, and its currency is the palix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 6 days ago: Palix lodged a message on the The North Arctic Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 24 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, families consisting of more than three people are forced to split up.
- 41 days ago: Palix fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 98 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 101 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 157 days ago: Palix resigned from the World Assembly.
- 170 days ago: Palix fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 174 days ago: Palix fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.