The White Republic of Palix is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 13.253 billion Palixians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with Defense and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.7%.
The powerhouse Palixian economy, worth 853 trillion palixes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Retail, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 64,375 palixes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 248,124 per year while the poor average 11,484, a ratio of 21.6 to 1.
Village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament, teens are voting on which C-List pop star will be next to be evicted from the opera house, seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu', and many aides in John Snow's office are known to be serial jaywalkers. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Palix's national animal is the mammoth, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Palixism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Palix, many aides in John Snow's office are known to be serial jaywalkers.
- : Following new legislation in Palix, seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu'.
- : Palix was refounded in Osiris.
- : Palix ceased to exist.
- : Palix's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Palix's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".