The White Republic of Palix is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 12.912 billion Palixians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, although Defense and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.5%.
The powerhouse Palixian economy, worth 882 trillion palixes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Basket Weaving, and Retail. Average income is 68,365 palixes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 268,250 per year while the poor average 11,847, a ratio of 22.6 to 1.
The populace has a pathological fear of computers more advanced than pocket calculators, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting, and village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Palix's national animal is the mammoth and its national religion is Palixism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palix's influence in Lazarus fell from "Minnow" to "Nipper".
- : Palix's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in Palix, village elders are often called in to interpret voting outcomes in Parliament.
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Palix, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting.
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Largest Populations, Largest Basket Weaving Sector, and Most Primitive.
- : Palix was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in Palix, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase.
- : Palix's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".