“Regions Will Fall”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The North Arctic
The White Republic of Palix is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and remarkable for its national health service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.414 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, moralistic individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Soda Sales and Retail.
Families consisting of more than three people are forced to split up, people eagerly queue days at A&E to wait for their free healthcare, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging, and one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Palix's national animal is the mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Palixism, and its currency is the palix.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 4 days ago: Palix's influence in The North Arctic rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 7 days ago: Palix's influence in The North Arctic fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 11 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 14 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 22 days ago: Palix was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging.
- 25 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, people eagerly queue days at A&E to wait for their free healthcare.
- 37 days ago: Palix lodged a message on the The North Arctic Regional Message Board.