The White Republic of Palix is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service, compulsory gun ownership, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 12.239 billion Palixians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Industry and Defense also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.5%.
The powerhouse Palixian economy, worth 819 trillion palixes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Soda Sales. Average income is 66,940 palixes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 253,011 per year while the poor average 12,322, a ratio of 20.5 to 1.
Volunteers are signing up to take arms against an incursion of flesh-eating zombies (Palix has found 2 easter eggs), the government spends millions of palixes every year prosecuting spammers, calling out of the blue has become taboo, and agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Palix's national animal is the mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Palixism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Palix's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Palix, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government.
- : Palix was refounded in Osiris.
- : Palix ceased to exist.
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- : Palix was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Palix, calling out of the blue has become taboo.