The White Republic of Palix is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by John Snow with an iron fist, and notable for its enslaved workforce, complete lack of public education, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 11.357 billion Palixians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Law & Order, with Defense, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of White City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.0%.
The powerhouse Palixian economy, worth 747 trillion palixes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Soda Sales. Average income is 65,831 palixes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 253,109 per year while the poor average 11,790, a ratio of 21.5 to 1.
The populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods, the criminal underworld is awash with sausage smuggling, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job, and volunteers are signing up to take arms against an incursion of flesh-eating zombies (Palix has found 2 easter eggs). Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Palix's national animal is the mammoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Palixism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 4 days ago: Palix fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 7 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, volunteers are signing up to take arms against an incursion of flesh-eating zombies (Palix has found 2 easter eggs).
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Palix, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job.
- 18 days ago: Palix was refounded in Balder.
- 31 days ago: Palix ceased to exist.
- 50 days ago: Palix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 59 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 63 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 63 days ago: Palix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.