“Absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Republic of Pakinowstan is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its burgeoning Beaver population. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 965 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 41%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Cheese Exports and Tourism.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is well under control. Pakinowstan's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Madle.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 29 days ago: Pakinowstan relocated from Pelononia to The Rejected Realms.
- 29 days ago: Pakinowstan was ejected from Pelononia by The Dictatorship of Tomainia.
- 43 days ago: Pakinowstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 73 days ago: Pakinowstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 77 days ago: Pakinowstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 89 days ago: Pakinowstan relocated from Osiris to Pelononia.
- 89 days ago: Pakinowstan altered its national flag.
- 89 days ago: Pakinowstan was refounded in Osiris.
- 343 days ago: Pakinowstan ceased to exist.
- 1 year 3 days ago: Pakinowstan fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.