“Absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Republic of Pakinowstan is a massive, devout nation, renowned for its burgeoning Beaver population. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.34 billion Pakinowstanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 41%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Cheese Exports and Tourism.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is well under control. Pakinowstan's national animal is the Beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Madle.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 8 days ago: Pakinowstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 8 days ago: Pakinowstan relocated from Pelononia to The Rejected Realms.
- 8 days ago: Pakinowstan was ejected from Pelononia by The Dictatorship of Tomainia.
- 63 days ago: Pakinowstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 121 days ago: Pakinowstan purchased a ByteCoin miner for ฿ 2.000.
- 146 days ago: Pakinowstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 151 days ago: Pakinowstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 175 days ago: Pakinowstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 180 days ago: Pakinowstan relocated from The Rejected Realms to Pelononia.
- 260 days ago: Pakinowstan relocated from Pelononia to The Rejected Realms.