The United Isles of Pai Lei is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Premier Vance Woate with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 11.426 billion Pai Leites enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lue Mio. The average income tax rate is 91.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pai Leian economy, worth a remarkable 2,263 trillion Tais a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 198,085 Tais, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals, and skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy. Crime is totally unknown. Pai Lei's national animal is the lobster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pai Lei was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kyriasis.
- : Pai Lei was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Pai Lei was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Pai Lei was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Uchu.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Lei, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- : Pai Lei voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Pai Lei, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Lei, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home.
- : Following new legislation in Pai Lei, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Pai Lei was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 14 » Solorni, Pahamak, Kibraltaro, Kaltera, THX1138, Cocktail Waitresses, Dutch Orange-Nassau, Corfad, Illand, The Independent Ohio Valley, Hell Bovines, Fooooooooo, Uchu, and Kyriasis.