“Midnight Star, Illumine”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: Terra Firma
The Democratic Confederation of Page is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Chandler Corentin with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.91 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Andryand. The average income tax rate is 72%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
Fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, abortions are routinely performed in Page's hospitals, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Page's national animal is the ivory wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Arai'kyyln, and its currency is the stryyva.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Page changed its national leader to "President Chandler Corentin", currency to "stryyva", slogan to "Midnight Star, Illumine", animal to "ivory wolf", and faith to "Arai'kyyln".
- 20 hours ago: Page changed nation type to "Democratic Confederation".
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Page fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Page fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 19 days ago: Page published the Factbook "Pagian Language Series: Profanity".
- 32 days ago: Page was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 41 days ago: Page was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- 41 days ago: Page was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 46 days ago: Page fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 54 days ago: Page fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.