“By Goddess and Blood”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Golden Bow of Apollo
The Thousand Year Kingdom of Page is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Vincent Tiridyn with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.013 billion Pagians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamarai. The average income tax rate is 37%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
Multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy", citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem. Page's national animal is the Ivory Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Pagian Animism, and its currency is the Stryyva.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 minutes ago
- 16 minutes ago: Page endorsed The Colony of Liberated Defensive Raider.
- 16 minutes ago: Page endorsed The Democratic Republic of Ambassador de Vindex.
- 17 minutes ago: Page endorsed The Peaceful Autocracy of Morndul.
- 22 minutes ago: Page was endorsed by The Peaceful Autocracy of Morndul.
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Page, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 22 hours ago: Page was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 23 hours ago: Page was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Page, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Page voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Page, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Morndul.