The Protectorate of Paffnia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.723 billion Paffniacs love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The average income tax rate is 99.5%.
The all-consuming Paffniac economy, worth a remarkable 1,606 trillion paffnars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 165,198 paffnars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 17 minutes ago: Paffnia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 17 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- 11 hours ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- 3 days ago: Paffnia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Paffnia was endorsed by The Republic of Chostea.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Paffnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".