The Protectorate of Paffnia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.777 billion Paffniacs are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The average income tax rate is 99.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Paffniac economy, worth a remarkable 2,190 trillion paffnars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 185,997 paffnars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, Paffnia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paffnia's influence in Xinterra rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Paffnia's influence in Xinterra rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Paffnia endorsed The Angry Blue Warcow of Woonrocket.
- : Paffnia relocated from The West Pacific to Xinterra.
- : Paffnia relocated from The North Pacific to The West Pacific.
- : Paffnia relocated from La France to The North Pacific.
- : Paffnia's influence in La France rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Paffnia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Paffnia's influence in La France rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
Endorsements Received: None.