“Iuvans illos qui auxilium requirunt”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: American Empire
The Protectorate of Paffnia is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.653 billion Paffniacs love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, the PBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, strategic bombers are being converted into preschools, and sex changes are routinely performed at Paffnia's hospitals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the paffnar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, sex changes are routinely performed at Paffnia's hospitals.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Paffnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Paffnia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, strategic bombers are being converted into preschools.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, the PBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 9 days ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, a survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high.
Endorsements Received: None.