The Protectorate of Paffnia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with a fair hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.955 billion Paffniacs love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Paffniac economy, worth a remarkable 1,673 trillion paffnars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 168,065 paffnars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tabloids coo over Aleksandar Vekili's expected child, the llama is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, and invading armies are given hard glares for their cheek. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, invading armies are given hard glares for their cheek.
- 16 hours ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Paffnia endorsed The Grand Republic of NeoYundar.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Paffnia relocated from The Pacific to Urbanites.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Paffnia relocated from The West Pacific to The Pacific.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Paffnia relocated from Valhalla to The West Pacific.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Paffnia, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security.
- 4 days ago: Paffnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 6 days ago: Paffnia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
Endorsements Received: None.