The Protectorate of Paffnia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with a fair hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 12.455 billion Paffniacs are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Paffniac economy, worth a remarkable 2,362 trillion paffnars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 189,684 paffnars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs, and organ donation rates have hit a new low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paffnia's influence in Eternal Scholars rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Paffnia endorsed The Angry Blue Warcow of Woonrocket.
- : Paffnia endorsed The Workers' Democracy of Trotskya.
- : Paffnia relocated from The North Pacific to Eternal Scholars.
- : Paffnia relocated from The Pacific to The North Pacific.
- : Paffnia relocated from 10000 Islands to The Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, organ donation rates have hit a new low.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Paffnia endorsed The Republic of Onebgdude.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies.
Endorsements Received: None.