The Protectorate of Paffnia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, prohibition of alcohol, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 12.099 billion Paffniacs are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Paffniac economy, worth a remarkable 2,276 trillion paffnars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 188,123 paffnars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Llama is one of the most popular forenames in Paffnia, over a third of the seats in sports stadiums have been removed to make room for female-only commodes, almost all of Paffnia's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, and the government seizes all major gold finds. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paffnia's influence in Christmas rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Paffnia's influence in Christmas rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Paffnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".
- : Paffnia endorsed The Christmas Tree States of Niomez.
- : Paffnia endorsed The Reservebelgen of Gulden.
- : Paffnia relocated from The North Pacific to Christmas.
- : Paffnia relocated from The East Pacific to The North Pacific.
- : Paffnia relocated from 10000 Islands to The East Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Paffnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.