The Republic of Pacitalia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Franchessa Marconi with a fair hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, public floggings, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 24.194 billion Pacitalians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Timiocato. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pacitalian economy, worth a remarkable 4,440 trillion douroes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 183,554 douroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, artists are pillars of society, and Coco the Clown has been elected to the nation's parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pacitalia's national animal is the blue fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 9 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Pacitalia lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Pacitalia altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: Pacitalia relocated from Osiris to Atlantian Oceania.
- 12 days ago: Pacitalia was refounded in Osiris.
- 19 days ago: Pacitalia ceased to exist.
- 33 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 33 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 35 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.