The Republic of Pacitalia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Franchessa Marconi with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 23.65 billion Pacitalians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Timiocato. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Pacitalian economy, worth a remarkable 4,341 trillion douroes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 183,554 douroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, artists are pillars of society, and Coco the Clown has been elected to the nation's parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pacitalia's national animal is the blue fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Pacitalia is ranked 19th in Atlantian Oceania and 10,896th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 263 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 16 hours ago
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Pacitalia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 5 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 36 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 36 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 38 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 41 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 44 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.