The Republic of Pacitalia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Franchessa Marconi with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 26.748 billion Pacitalians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Timiocato. The average income tax rate is 1.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Pacitalian economy, worth a remarkable 5,010 trillion douroes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 187,309 douroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, artists are pillars of society, and Coco the Clown has been elected to the nation's parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pacitalia's national animal is the blue fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pacitalia's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Pacitalia's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Pacitalia's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Pacitalia relocated from Lazarus to Atlantian Oceania.
- : Pacitalia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Pacitalia ceased to exist.
- : Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and Highest Poor Incomes.