“Simpliciter magnum opus”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Republic of Pacitalia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Franchessa Marconi with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 21.635 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Timiocato. The average income tax rate is 36%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Automobile Manufacturing.
Urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, artists are pillars of society, and Coco the Clown has been elected to the nation's parliament. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pacitalia's national animal is the blue fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the douro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 11 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Pacitalia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 25 days ago: Pacitalia's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Minnow" to "Handshaker".
- 25 days ago: Pacitalia changed its national nation type to "Republic".
- 25 days ago: Pacitalia relocated from Lazarus to Atlantian Oceania.
- 25 days ago: Pacitalia altered its national flag.
- 27 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 28 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- 34 days ago: Pacitalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.