The Independent Nation-State of Pacific Commonwealth is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Maze with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 8.292 billion Pacific Commonwealthians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dub Jay. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Pacific Commonwealthian economy, worth a remarkable 1,367 trillion pesoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 164,915 pesoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs, and record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported. Crime is totally unknown. Pacific Commonwealth's national animal is the ratel, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Batmanism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 12 hours ago: Pacific Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 5 days ago: Pacific Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 5 days ago: Pacific Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 6 days ago: Pacific Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 6 days ago: Pacific Commonwealth was endorsed by The Armed Libertarian State of Grungerock.
- 7 days ago: Pacific Commonwealth was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 8 days ago: Pacific Commonwealth was endorsed by The Republic of Kevnaria.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Pacific Commonwealth, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Pacific Commonwealth, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Pacific Commonwealth, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Wysrod, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Markanite, Aipotu Ruo, Zabbar, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Christian Indonesia, No Hope, Earth Federation, Nojia, Coreras, Seloria, Mike728, Solleana, Screaming Saint, New gillingham, United Governments of Newrope, Dustwind, Tzo, The Republic of Michigan, Anollasia, The United Tributational Territories, American Republic of Independent States, Gyllia, Gitchie Manito, Blogotopia, Kevnaria, and Grungerock.