The Intersystems Alliance of Ozymos is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Council with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.778 billion Ozymosians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Environment and Public Transport are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arcadia. The average income tax rate is 56.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Ozymosian economy, worth 356 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 61,735 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
New religious sects are squashed immediately by the government, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, the nation leads The Milky Way Galaxy in per capita stalking, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ozymos's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Principalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 days ago
- 7 days ago: Ozymos fell out of the world Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 28 days ago: Ozymos changed its national leader to "The Council".
- 28 days ago: Ozymos changed its national capital to "Arcadia".
- 28 days ago: Ozymos altered its national flag.
- 28 days ago: Ozymos relocated from Balder to The Milky Way Galaxy.
- 28 days ago: Ozymos was refounded in Balder.
- 1 year 297 days ago: Ozymos ceased to exist.
- 1 year 327 days ago: Following new legislation in Ozymos, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- 1 year 327 days ago: Following new legislation in Ozymos, the nation leads The Milky Way Galaxy in per capita stalking.
- 1 year 328 days ago: Ozymos changed its national slogan to "Per Ardua Ad Astra".