The Protectorate of Owl Pellets is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate population of 18.985 billion Owl Pelletsians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous, liberal government is primarily concerned with Welfare, although Education, Industry, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Owl Pellets City. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The thriving Owl Pelletsian economy, worth a remarkable 2,195 trillion owl pellets a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 115,628 owl pellets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the Owl Pellets Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', Owl Pellets's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and animal control is going door-to-door releasing all pets back into the wild. Crime is totally unknown. Owl Pellets's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist, the Top 5% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Most Secular.
- : Owl Pellets's influence in Europeia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Owl Pellets's influence in Europeia rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Owl Pellets relocated from Lazarus to Europeia.
- : Owl Pellets was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Owl Pellets ceased to exist.
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.