The Protectorate of Owl Pellets is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, rampant corporate plagiarism, and national health service. The compassionate population of 19.168 billion Owl Pelletsians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous, liberal government is primarily concerned with Welfare, with Education, Industry, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Owl Pellets City. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The thriving Owl Pelletsian economy, worth a remarkable 2,216 trillion owl pellets a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 115,628 owl pellets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the Owl Pellets Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', Owl Pellets's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and animal control is going door-to-door releasing all pets back into the wild. Crime is totally unknown. Owl Pellets's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Owl Pellets's influence in Europeia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Owl Pellets relocated from Osiris to Europeia.
- : Owl Pellets was refounded in Osiris.
- : Owl Pellets ceased to exist.
- : Owl Pellets's influence in Europeia fell from "Minnow" to "Nipper".
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist, the Top 5% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Owl Pellets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Most Secular.