The Anti school nation of Owen Driscoll is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 3.806 billion Owen Driscollians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 43.3%.
The very strong Owen Driscollian economy, worth 187 trillion osins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Automobile Manufacturing, Gambling, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 49,302 osins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Public nudity is compulsory, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Owen Driscoll's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Owen Driscoll was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- : Owen Driscoll was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Conservative.
- : Owen Driscoll was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Owen Driscoll was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Owen Driscoll was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Owen Driscoll's influence in New Romili fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Owen Driscoll's influence in New Romili rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Owen Driscoll's influence in New Romili rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Owen Driscoll's influence in New Romili rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Owen Driscoll's influence in New Romili rose from "Apprentice" to "Handshaker".