“Licentia, justica, veneriato”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
The United Socialist Republic of Ovisterra is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Sheepman with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.369 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Social Equality, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baa. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, and the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Ovisterra's national animal is the sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is -choose your own faith-, and its currency is the viaticus.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 7 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Ovisterra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Ovisterra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Ovisterra was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ovisterra, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ovisterra, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ovisterra, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ovisterra, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Ovisterra, the government has been kicking out foreign corporations in a bid to grow enough food for the populace.
- 15 days ago: Ovisterra altered its national flag.
- 37 days ago: Ovisterra was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Shroom Empire of New Mushroom Kingdom, killing 20 million zombies.