“Licentia, justica, veneriato”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Power
The United Socialist Republic of Ovisterra is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sheepman with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.659 billion Ovisterrans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Social Equality, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baa. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The fire protection service is wholly government-funded, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and gambling is outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Ovisterra's national animal is the sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is idk man, and its currency is the viaticus.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Ovisterra lodged a message on the Vissella Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Ovisterra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 8 days ago: Ovisterra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 26 days ago: Ovisterra's influence in Vissella fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 27 days ago: Ovisterra relocated from Balder to Vissella.
- 27 days ago: Ovisterra was refounded in Balder.
- 43 days ago: Ovisterra ceased to exist.
- 54 days ago: Ovisterra was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 61 days ago: Ovisterra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 61 days ago: Ovisterra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.