The United Socialist Republic of Ovisterra is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Sheepman with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, humorless population of 9.261 billion Ovisterrans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baa. The average income tax rate is 32.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Ovisterran economy, worth 42.7 trillion viaticuses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 4,612 viaticuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits, motorway service stations often have a higher population than the hinterland villages that the roads lead to, discarded pennies litter the streets, and teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Ovisterra's national animal is the sheep, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is idk man.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ovisterra's influence in Vissella rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Ovisterra's influence in Vissella rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Ovisterra, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
- : Following new legislation in Ovisterra, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Ovisterra relocated from Balder to Vissella.
- : Ovisterra was refounded in Balder.
- : Ovisterra ceased to exist.
- : Ovisterra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Ovisterra was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 5% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Ovisterra, motorway service stations often have a higher population than the hinterland villages that the roads lead to.