The Athenian Paradise of Otaku Stratus is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 26.713 billion Stratites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wisdom City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Stratese economy, worth a remarkable 9,708 trillion sapphires a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an amazing 363,441 sapphires, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, organ donation is compulsory, children as young as eight can be found working in factories, and soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive. Otaku Stratus's national animal is the lion-griffin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Otaku Stratus is ranked 1st in Japan and 319th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 1,585 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Otaku Stratus, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers.
- : Following new legislation in Otaku Stratus, children as young as eight can be found working in factories.
- : Otaku Stratus agreed to construct embassies between Japan and The Union of Economists.
- : Otaku Stratus lodged a message on the Japan Regional Message Board.
- : Otaku Stratus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Civilian Aircraft Accord".
- : Otaku Stratus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- : Otaku Stratus was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Otaku Stratus, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Otaku Stratus, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor.
- : Otaku Stratus was endorsed by The Empire of Message in a Bottle.