The Socialist Republic of Osun State is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its zero percent divorce rate, strictly enforced bedtime, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, devout population of 5.543 billion Osun Stateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Osobowe. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Osun Statean economy, worth 173 trillion States a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 31,329 States, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Osun State's national animal is the gote, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Osun State's influence in United Nations of Peoples fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Osun State's influence in United Nations of Peoples fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Osun State's influence in United Nations of Peoples fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Osun State's influence in United Nations of Peoples fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- : Osun State was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use, Most Income Equality, and Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Osun State's influence in United Nations of Peoples rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Osun State relocated from Balder to United Nations of Peoples.
- : Osun State was refounded in Balder.
- : Osun State ceased to exist.
- : Osun State relocated from Osiris to The democratic socialist states.