The Guy in a Boat Near the Ruins of Ossitania is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Guy in the Boat with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, humorless population of 8.078 billion Ossitanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Boat. The average income tax rate is 79.0%.
The large but stagnant Ossitanian economy, worth 197 trillion fresh tasty clams a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 24,453 fresh tasty clams, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Ossitanian bee, discarded pennies litter the streets, Ollie the Oiled Seal welcomes throngs of tourists to the newly opened Oil Oasis Water Park, and the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play. Crime is totally unknown. Ossitania's national animal is the nearby shark, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ossitania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- : Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bitely".
- : Ossitania was endorsed by The Error-Prone Scholars of Revert.
- : Ossitania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : Ossitania withdrew its endorsement from The Sandy and Sullen Sultanate of Saq.
- : Ossitania endorsed The Newly Elected Pharaoh of Trick Shot.
- : Ossitania was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Ossitania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Following new legislation in Ossitania, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play.
- : Ossitania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).