The Guy in a Boat Near the Ruins of Ossitania is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Guy in the Boat with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, humorless population of 8.375 billion Ossitanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Boat. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 79.4%.
The large but sluggish Ossitanian economy, worth 321 trillion fresh tasty clams a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 38,425 fresh tasty clams, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Ossitanian bee, discarded pennies litter the streets, Ollie the Oiled Seal welcomes throngs of tourists to the newly opened Oil Oasis Water Park, and the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play. Crime is totally unknown. Ossitania's national animal is the nearby shark, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ossitania's influence in Osiris rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ossitania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Ossitania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 1%).
- : Ossitania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Ossitania fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Ossitania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Travelling Region".
- : Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "To Prevent Dangerous Debris".