The Guy in a Boat Near the Ruins of Ossitania is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Guy in the Boat with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 8.813 billion Ossitanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Boat. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 79.3%.
The large but sluggish Ossitanian economy, worth 338 trillion fresh tasty clams a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 38,392 fresh tasty clams, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Ollie the Oiled Seal welcomes throngs of tourists to the newly opened Oil Oasis Water Park, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime is totally unknown. Ossitania's national animal is the nearby shark, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ossitania fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Ossitania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Ossitania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to sexual privacy".
- : Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Landmine Safety Protocol".
- : Ossitania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend BearNation".
- : Following new legislation in Ossitania, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nation of Quebec".
- : Ossitania was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Ossitania, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging.