“Strength through unity, unity through choice.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
Location: International Democratic Union
The Independent Commonwealth of Ossitania is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Jareth Keane with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.052 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hope. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 83%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, people can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks, toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown. Ossitania's national animal is the Hippopotamus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ossitanian Komodoism, and its currency is the Broeckchen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 17 days ago: Ossitania was endorsed by The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission.
- 23 days ago: Ossitania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Ossitania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Ossitania was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 35 days ago: Ossitania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: Ossitania was endorsed by Foredenton.
- 36 days ago: Ossitania lost the endorsement of Foredenton.
- 37 days ago: Ossitania fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 47 days ago: Ossitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Versutian Federation".