“Ducit Amor Patriae”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Necron Empire
The Necron Imperial State of Orwyn is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Klaus Oster with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 10.629 billion Orwynians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anundius. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Orwynian economy, worth a remarkable 2,231 trillion Empera Crowns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 209,986 Empera Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, police wait behind troop deployments in order to shoot deserters, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Orwyn's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Necrotheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 11 days ago: Orwyn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Orwyn, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Orwyn, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Orwyn, police wait behind troop deployments in order to shoot deserters.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Orwyn, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Orwyn, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Orwyn, fearful citizens watch their every move as does their government.
- 47 days ago: Orwyn fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 47 days ago: Following new legislation in Orwyn, the national Police Academies have dedicated infant wings.
- 47 days ago: Orwyn agreed to construct embassies between Necron Empire and Facebook nations.