The Interstellar Domain of Orion is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.935 billion Orionians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and International Aid. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19.2%.
The strong Orionian economy, worth 473 trillion Nebulas a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Furniture Restoration, and Trout Farming. Average income is 47,649 Nebulas, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 461,988 per year while the poor average 237, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Orion's national animal is the Lepus the rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Orion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Orion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Orion was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free, Most Pro-Market, Most Extensive Civil Rights, Greatest Rich-Poor Divides, and Most Extreme.
- : Orion's influence in New York rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Orion fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Orion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Orion fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Orion was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Orion lodged a message on the New York Regional Message Board.