“Ambassador from Philosophy 115”
|Category: Tyranny by Majority|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Hippy Haven
The Holy Orange Vaticanate of Orange Pomander is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Pontius Pilate with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.626 billion Pomanderians enjoy great social freedoms and frequent elections, where the majority of the populace regularly votes to increase its benefits at the expense of various hapless minorities.
The enormous, socially-minded government is effectively ruled by the Department of Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Defence and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Vatican. Income tax is unheard of. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, Tetris has been banned for its graphic violent content, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Orange Pomander's border. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Orange Pomander's national animal is the orange, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the pomander.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 17 days ago: Orange Pomander lodged a message on the Hippy Haven Regional Message Board.
- 17 days ago: Orange Pomander relocated from Osiris to Hippy Haven.
- 17 days ago: Orange Pomander was refounded in Osiris.
- 18 days ago: Orange Pomander ceased to exist.
- 44 days ago: Orange Pomander fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 100 days ago: Orange Pomander changed its national demonym to "Pomanderian".
- 125 days ago: Orange Pomander was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 135 days ago: Orange Pomander was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Conservative (last census: #1).
- 144 days ago: Orange Pomander was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 151 days ago: Orange Pomander fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.