The Word of Oragyn is a massive, genial nation, ruled by the will of the Ori with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 2.084 billion Ori worshippers are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Celestial City Upon Most High. The average income tax rate is 93.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Oragynian economy, worth 165 trillion shals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 79,274 shals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Oragyn is renowned for its lax gun laws, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, and aging citizens are celebrating the end of the 'Early Bird War'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oragyn's national animal is the tabanth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Origin.
Oragyn is ranked 2,379th in Lazarus and 64,373rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 69 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oragyn was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- : Oragyn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- : Oragyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Oragyn's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Oragyn's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Oragyn's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Oragyn was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Oragyn ceased to exist.
- : Oragyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Oragyn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.