The Theocracy of Opodeldok is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Mitchell with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, enslaved workforce, and fear of technology. The compassionate, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 26.148 billion Opodeldokians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government is dominated by the Department of Law & Order, with Defense, Welfare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Healthcare and Education receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Opodeldok City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Opodeldokian economy, worth a remarkable 4,350 trillion carbon credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 166,369 carbon credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 758,872 per year while the poor average 22,256, a ratio of 34.1 to 1.
Research into 'designer babies' is banned, O-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom, and the government has declared victoria over the cheese menace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Opodeldok's national animal is the lamb, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Opodeldok, the government has declared victoria over the cheese menace.
- : Following new legislation in Opodeldok, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom.
- : Following new legislation in Opodeldok, O-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Following new legislation in Opodeldok, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
- : Following new legislation in Opodeldok, tie-dye has been outlawed for being 'too occult'.
- : Opodeldok was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Opodeldok, the government is attempting to impose a new national language on the public.
- : Following new legislation in Opodeldok, the new Lamb Supremacy Party is faring well in the polls.
- : Opodeldok was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Right-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Opodeldok, the nation's entire cultural heritage is being auctioned off to the rich.