|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Theocracy of Oncer is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its national health service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.471 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gracefully Prancing Deer. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 59%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Oncer successfully hosted the The North Pacific Olympics, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, military spending is on the increase, and government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Oncer's national animal is the Socially Awkward Seal, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Captopious von Shelldinger, and its currency is the Bryceolians.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Oncer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 6 days ago: Oncer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 6 days ago: Oncer was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 7 days ago: Oncer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 8 days ago: Oncer fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Oncer, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Oncer, military spending is on the increase.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Oncer, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Oncer, Oncer successfully hosted the The North Pacific Olympics.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Oncer, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.