The Radiant Ascendance of Onarii is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Illuminary with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 20.863 billion Onarans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Defense, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Radiance. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Onariian economy, worth a remarkable 2,078 trillion lucents a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 99,628 lucents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Onarii's many privately-owned prisons, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown. Onarii's national animal is the White Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Onarii was endorsed by The Allied States of Samanar.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Onarii was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Onarii was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Onarii, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 8 days ago: Onarii was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 8 days ago: Onarii was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 9 days ago: Onarii was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 17 days ago: Onarii was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Onarii, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Onarii, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
Endorsements Received: 43 » The Soylent Green Party, Phrados, Tzo, Dustwind, Port-du-sud, Solleana, Christian Indonesia, Jamestonian Empire, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, The Great Red North, Seranis, Matterland, Earth Federation, Kelvinski, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Slaytania, Mystiquelle, Coreras, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Testa, Beiluxia, Steidenland, FreeGunsForAll, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Blogotopia, Rogue Zealand, Hawalius, Korean United States, The United Dog Days Providence, Kevnaria, Ilha Rongo Koa, Aersoldorf, Linkdahero, GaultVille, The Republic of lkxciv, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Othan, Zeganas, West Gensokyo, Aipotu Ruo, and Samanar.