“Truth. Love. Liberty.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Confederate States of Olthenia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Phanomyang with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.905 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cao Lan. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, loans are available for students from poor families, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Olthenia's national animal is the macaw, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Taoism, and its currency is the chelon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Olthenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 20 days ago: Olthenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 21 days ago: Olthenia purchased a ByteCoin miner for ฿ 2.000.
- 31 days ago: Olthenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 44 days ago: Olthenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 53 days ago: Olthenia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 89 days ago: Olthenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 103 days ago: Olthenia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 109 days ago: Olthenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 139 days ago: Olthenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.