The Discordant Celestials of Olthar is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Princess Celestia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.92 billion Oltharians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canterlot. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Oltharian economy, worth a remarkable 3,113 trillion Bits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 313,879 Bits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,333,170 per year while the poor average 12,492, a ratio of 186 to 1.
Suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, political activists are routinely executed, a large percentage of the poor live from cradle to grave in subterranean wage slavery, and locally produced computer games are being released faster than gamers can play them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Olthar's national animal is the Filly, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Ponyism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 34 minutes ago
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 37 days ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 49 days ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 64 days ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 64 days ago: Olthar fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 66 days ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 66 days ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 67 days ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 69 days ago: Olthar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).