The Courageous Heroes of Olthar is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Princess Celestia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, frequent executions, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.73 billion Oltharians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canterlot. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Oltharian economy, worth a remarkable 4,279 trillion Bits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 336,197 Bits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,670,168 per year while the poor average 38,284, a ratio of 43.6 to 1.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, dictionary sales have hit an all-time high, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished, and hordes of gardening enthusiasts are being banished from cities nationwide. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Olthar's national animal is the Filly, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ponyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Olthar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Olthar, hordes of gardening enthusiasts are being banished from cities nationwide.
- : Following new legislation in Olthar, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Olthar, dictionary sales have hit an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Olthar, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Olthar, package deals offer tourists the chance to visit the frozen remains of the previous tour group.
- : Olthar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens, the Top 5% for Largest Populations and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides, and the Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Olthar's influence in The Bestest Region rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- : Following new legislation in Olthar, children regularly take part in blood sports that result in extreme boo-boos.
- : Following new legislation in Olthar, Oltharians must literally pay their respects to hear from their political representatives.