“Once a Boat...Always a Boat”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Grand Theft Auto of Offshore Racing is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by High Executive Powerboat Racer with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.485 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carbon Fiber Hull. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Fuels of property damage, all streets are privately owned toll roads, punitive tariffs protect local industry, and the government funds large training centres to turn Cheetahs into functioning members of society. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Offshore Racing's national animal is the Cheetah, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Fuel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Offshore Racing endorsed The Holy Blue Empire of Mediobogdum.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Offshore Racing was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Offshore Racing was endorsed by The Holy Blue Empire of Mediobogdum.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Offshore Racing, the government funds large training centres to turn Cheetahs into functioning members of society.
- 7 days ago: Offshore Racing voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 7 days ago: Offshore Racing voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 8 days ago: Offshore Racing fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Offshore Racing, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Offshore Racing, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 12 days ago: Offshore Racing endorsed The Wheelchair Bound Scientists of Charax.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Todler, The 9 Stars, Chestaan, Gorgondollar, Bhang Bhang Duc, Benjamin Mark, Lamebrainia, Mochaworld, Thyrall, Thessalian, All Good People, Yy4u, Iasonia, BIteland, Wandysland, Mataw, Wickedly evil people, Southern Eureka, Darkesia, Moerderreich, Paulbotistan, Illiheim, Desp, Hayekvillage, Deepden, Kingsteck, Mercanta, WaffenBrightonburg, Liberillia, Flikl, Aestate, Dynatek, Academy of P, and Mediobogdum.