“Its not going to explode, probably ”King Pavo IX
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Land of Kings and Emperors
The Noble and Ancient Kingdom of Octinstine is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King Pavo IX with an iron fist, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.129 billion Octinstineans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asklan City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 59.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Octinstinean economy, worth 963 trillion quangoes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 118,559 quangoes, with the richest citizens earning 9.7 times as much as the poorest.
The importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, loans are available for students from poor families, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Octinstine's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Penguin worship.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 5 days ago: Octinstine was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Corporate Police State".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Octinstine, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Octinstine, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Octinstine, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Octinstine, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Octinstine, Octinstine Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere'.
- 5 days ago: Octinstine endorsed The Kingdom of Aelbarrow.
- 6 days ago: Octinstine was endorsed by The Kingdom of Aelbarrow.
- 8 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 11 days ago: Octinstine was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Aelbarrow.