“Its not going explode, probably ”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federal Republic of Octinstine is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Great killer Penguin in the sky with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.014 billion Octinstineans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asklan City. The average income tax rate is 78%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
The nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory minature radios, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Octinstine's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Penguin worship, and its currency is the quango.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 9 days ago: Octinstine fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 12 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 17 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 17 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 18 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 18 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 19 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 20 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 21 days ago: Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 24 days ago: Octinstine applied to join the World Assembly.