The Noble and Ancient Kingdom of Octinstine is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Pavo IX with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.19 billion Octinstineans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asklan City. The average income tax rate is 71.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Octinstinean economy, worth a remarkable 1,178 trillion Gold Dragons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 128,232 Gold Dragons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, popular websites like NationStates are blocked for "national security", military spending is on the increase, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Octinstine's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Penguin worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Octinstine was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Octinstine fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Octinstine fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Octinstine fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Octinstine fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Octinstine fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Octinstine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Octinstine fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.