“For What It's Worth”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Pacific Union
The Queen's State of Nyab is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 17.341 billion Nyabians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and the military has quashed a recent coup attempt. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Nyab's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 6 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 7 days ago: Nyab's influence in Pacific Union fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 9 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 9 days ago: Nyab's influence in Pacific Union fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 13 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 16 days ago: Nyab's influence in Pacific Union rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 17 days ago: Nyab's influence in Pacific Union rose from "Minnow" to "Truckler".
- 17 days ago: Nyab relocated from Japvia to Pacific Union.
- 50 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 59 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.