“For What It's Worth”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Nyab is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 16.83 billion Nyabians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 62%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and the military has quashed a recent coup attempt. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Nyab's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 46 days ago
- 6 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 8 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 15 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 26 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 38 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 46 days ago: Nyab changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 49 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 53 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 55 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.