The Queen's State of Nyab is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 19.006 billion Nyabians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 75.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Nyabian economy, worth 329 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 17,345 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and the military has quashed a recent coup attempt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nyab's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nyab's influence in The Icelandic Commonwealth rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Nyab relocated from Lazarus to The Icelandic Commonwealth.
- : Nyab was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Nyab ceased to exist.
- : Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Nyab was ranked #1 in the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- : Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.