“For What It's Worth”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Nyab is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 17.734 billion Nyabians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 75.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Nyabian economy, worth 307 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 17,344 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and the military has quashed a recent coup attempt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nyab's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Nyab's influence in Richard fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 1 day ago: Nyab's influence in Richard rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Nyab relocated from Ancient Lands to Richard.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 9 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 23 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 24 days ago: Nyab relocated from The Icelandic Commonwealth to Ancient Lands.
- 28 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 31 days ago: Nyab relocated from Pacific Union to The Icelandic Commonwealth.