“For What It's Worth”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Republic of Nyab is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 15.26 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 62%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and the military has quashed a recent coup attempt. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Nyab's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 6 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 12 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 16 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 23 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 1%).
- 28 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 30 days ago: Nyab relocated from Dungannon and South Tyrone to Ancient Lands.
- 31 days ago: Nyab's influence in Dungannon and South Tyrone rose from "Vassal" to "Duckspeaker".
- 38 days ago: Nyab was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 39 days ago: Nyab's influence in Dungannon and South Tyrone rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".