“Il appartient à la Neulande de régner sur le monde!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Impossible Pantisocracy of Nuweland is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Ignacio Quaresma with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.363 billion Nuwelanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hammersdorf-Vilamartel. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Train stations can be 'armful places, ring-tailed lemurs are becoming popular in pet stores nationwide, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nuweland's national animal is the ring-tailed lemur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Lutheran Christianity, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Nuweland was endorsed by The Republic of Novirod.
- 4 days ago: Nuweland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, ring-tailed lemurs are becoming popular in pet stores nationwide.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, train stations can be 'armful places.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- 4 days ago: Nuweland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 4 days ago: Nuweland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 4 days ago: Nuweland changed its national demonym to "Nuwelander".
Endorsements Received: 53 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Alsted, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Dauershire, Valrem, Stromia, Voxum Mortalum, Kroinengin, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Ivernia, Chiolena, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Mameluco, The Seven Provinces, South Cowland, Outer Prussia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Nova Prutenia, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, Albertinum, The City-State of Vienna, Hamstery, Greater Konigsberg, Melfar, The Roman Imperial Republic, Foucaults garden, Novo Portugal, Each-Uisge, Monance, Vanbrugh, An Clar, Welsh Valley, Ecclestia, Athos and Byzantium, Norse German Federation, Heusdendaal, Veeten Engines, Pileusia, and 3 others.Pantoufle, Krason, and Novirod.