“Il appartient à la Neulande de régner sur le monde!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Impossible Pantisocracy of Nuweland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Ignacio Quaresma with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 18.545 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Law & Order and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hammersdorf-Vilamartel. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
All streets are privately owned toll roads, meat is a luxury afforded only to the wealthy, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, and a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nuweland's national animal is the ring-tailed lemur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Lutheran Christianity, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, meat is a luxury afforded only to the wealthy.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- 4 days ago: Nuweland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 4 days ago: Nuweland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Alsted, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Dauershire, Valrem, Stromia, Saconian, Voxum Mortalum, Kroinengin, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Ivernia, Chiolena, Toongoosia, Pileusia, Echo von Cotta, Mameluco, The Seven Provinces, South Cowland, Outer Prussia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Nova Prutenia, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, Albertinum, The City-State of Vienna, Scorjthaal, Hamstery, Greater Konigsberg, Capricania, Bylantia, Melfar, The Roman Imperial Republic, Foucaults garden, Pesaro and Urbino, Novo Portugal, Domanouq, Empire og Kirgizia, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Each-Uisge, Monance, and 6 others.Vanbrugh, An Clar, Naraevia, Zeckland, Great British Isles and Ireland, and Welsh Valley.