The Impossible Pantisocracy of Nuweland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Ignacio Quaresma with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, strictly enforced bedtime, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.729 billion Nuwelanders are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Healthcare and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hammersdorf-Vilamartel. The average income tax rate is 65.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Nuwelandian economy, worth 305 trillion euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology. Average income is 12,890 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is proudly the least fertile in Europe, former arsonists can be found on local fire brigades, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Ignacio Quaresma off a murder charge. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nuweland's national animal is the ring-tailed lemur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Lutheran Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nuweland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Nuweland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Partially Born".
- : Nuweland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : Following new legislation in Nuweland, the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Ignacio Quaresma off a murder charge.
- : Following new legislation in Nuweland, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in Nuweland, former arsonists can be found on local fire brigades.
- : Following new legislation in Nuweland, the nation is proudly the least fertile in Europe.
- : Nuweland endorsed The Kingdom of Meiore.
- : Nuweland endorsed The Holy Empire of Blighteria.
- : Nuweland was endorsed by The Kingdom of Meiore.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Alsted, Tigyland, Dauershire, Valrem, Stromia, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, Mameluco, The Seven Provinces, South Cowland, The City-State of Vienna, Melfar, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Manupolia, Northern German Federation, Aurora Republic, The Fair Republic, Basque Dominion, Troltovia, Woschia, Polonilandia, East Arc, Dacian Freelands, Eurosceptic Citizens, Bohomo, Ivernia, Saudi Canadia, Agrase, Arlonaise, Charlesia, North of Americas, Fossekallen, Kwakwakutlopia, Jamoea, Lovisa, Dorsendo, Vinternia, Spagna, Fauzjhia, MSolandish Empire, Newmere, La Jermania, and 24 others.Alpinovia, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Azkalia, Mynox, Ebin, Bearhinoland, Cha0sNation, Falvaard, Republic of the Goat, Continental Social Democrats, Rahvav, AirstripZero, GeneralStalin, Allisonium, Abalucia, Ahavila, Templar Republic, Slavorussia, Union of the north, Kalmara, Korektonon, Blighteria, and Meiore.