“Il appartient à la Neulande de régner sur le monde!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Impossible Pantisocracy of Nuweland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Ignacio Quaresma with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 18.775 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hammersdorf-Vilamartel. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, families are only permitted to have one child, and residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nuweland's national animal is the ring-tailed lemur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Lutheran Christianity, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Nuweland was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Athos and Byzantium.
- 3 days ago: Nuweland was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ecclestia.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, families are only permitted to have one child.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- 6 days ago: Nuweland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 6 days ago: Nuweland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, groups of three or more trees are cut down in the name of 'child safety'.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Alsted, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Dauershire, Valrem, Stromia, Voxum Mortalum, Kroinengin, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Ivernia, Chiolena, Toongoosia, Pileusia, Echo von Cotta, Mameluco, The Seven Provinces, South Cowland, Outer Prussia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Nova Prutenia, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, Albertinum, The City-State of Vienna, Scorjthaal, Hamstery, Greater Konigsberg, Capricania, Bylantia, Melfar, The Roman Imperial Republic, Foucaults garden, Novo Portugal, Each-Uisge, Monance, Vanbrugh, An Clar, Welsh Valley, Ecclestia, and Athos and Byzantium.