“Il appartient à la Neulande de régner sur le monde!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Impossible Pantisocracy of Nuweland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Ignacio Quaresma with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate population of 18.001 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Law & Order and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hammersdorf-Vilamartel. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73%. A nonexistent private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Euthanasia is legal, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Hammersdorf-Vilamartel Times is sold out, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nuweland's national animal is the ring-tailed lemur, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Lutheran Christianity, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Hammersdorf-Vilamartel Times is sold out.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, euthanasia is legal.
- 4 days ago: Nuweland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, the nation refuses to provide international aid.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, Nuweland's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Nuweland, genetic researchers have been expelled.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Alsted, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Dauershire, Valrem, Stromia, Saconian, Voxum Mortalum, Kroinengin, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Venetoland, Puerto Thelosia, Ivernia, Chiolena, The Kingdom of Germania, Toongoosia, Pileusia, Echo von Cotta, Ravenstein, Mameluco, The Seven Provinces, South Cowland, Norway and Iceland, Isolationist countries, Outer Prussia, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Nova Prutenia, Grasaland, Jon4de85, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, Albertinum, The City-State of Vienna, Scorjthaal, Hamstery, Greater Konigsberg, Capricania, Bylantia, Strajalands, Melfar, The Roman Imperial Republic, Foucaults garden, New Brussland, Pesaro and Urbino, and 5 others.Novo Portugal, Domanouq, Empire og Kirgizia, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, and Each-Uisge.