The Grand Slaveltic Empire of Nuridia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Charles Lamont IV with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and frequent executions. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 10.425 billion Nuridians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thule. The average income tax rate is 68.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Nuridian economy, worth 903 trillion perles a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,690 perles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Conspiracy theorists allege Thule's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense, and skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nuridia's national animal is the Pegasus, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 5% for Most Devout and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Nuridia was endorsed by The Republic of Boltor.
- : Nuridia changed its national leader to "Emperor Charles Lamont IV".
- : Nuridia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Soldaten des Hippokrates.
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Nuridia was endorsed by The Pint of Guinness of The Soylent Green Party.
- : Nuridia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Militanis.
- : Following new legislation in Nuridia, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Dustwind, Kelvinski, FreeGunsForAll, Blogotopia, The United Dog Days Providence, Germanahii, Bresdenn, New Icelandic Republic, The Tasmanian Islands, Hellazar, Germanic and Jewish people, Aedue, Strenuus, Siuts, Myopic, Dopiax, Better Indonesia, Puzzlement Pizza, Louisistan, Mystiquelle, Cesaris, Spiritbw, Atlanta Island, Militanis, The Soylent Green Party, Soldaten des Hippokrates, and Boltor.