The Imperial Island Empire State of Nuridia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Empress Ingrid Lamont I with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.843 billion Nuridians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thule. The average income tax rate is 74.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Nuridian economy, worth 633 trillion perles a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,718 perles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, the government has taken a 'sort it out yourselves' approach to fighting malaria, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, and citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nuridia's national animal is the Pegasus, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nuridia fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Nuridia endorsed The Protectorate of Oasisa.
- : Nuridia was endorsed by The Protectorate of Oasisa.
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Nuridia was endorsed by The Most Christian Realm of Bresdenn.
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Nuridia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Dustwind, Kelvinski, FreeGunsForAll, Blogotopia, The United Dog Days Providence, Aersoldorf, Ilha Rongo Koa, GaultVille, Germanahii, Zumwalt, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Aquilae Dominion, Bresdenn, and Oasisa.