“Imperator est iustitia”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Numuria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Frederick I with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 2.148 billion Numurians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Numus. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Numuria's national animal is the Osprey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Coroa.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Numuria endorsed The Blue Nordic Protectorate of Elke and Elba.
- 7 hours ago: Numuria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 7 hours ago: Numuria withdrew its endorsement from The Blue Nordic Protectorate of Elke and Elba.
- 7 hours ago: Numuria endorsed The Shining Cartel of South Titania.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Numuria, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Numuria fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Numuria, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Numuria endorsed The Queendom of Taisarinja.
- 3 days ago: Numuria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 3 days ago: Numuria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".