“A matter of gods and kings”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Reformed Kingdom of Nueva Labana is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Vtornik Laban IV with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.003 billion Nueva Labanans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nueva Lavajo de Terra. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Woodchip Exports.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, environmental protestors are being rounded up and taken away in sinister black vans as a massive land development campaign gets underway, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nueva Labana's national animal is the sea serpent, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, its national religion is Neo Divinity, and its currency is the Labanan peso.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 4 days ago: Nueva Labana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 10 days ago: Nueva Labana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Nueva Labana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 11 days ago: Nueva Labana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 11 days ago: Nueva Labana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 20 days ago: Nueva Labana was refounded in Balder.
- 60 days ago: Nueva Labana ceased to exist.
- 66 days ago: Nueva Labana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 73 days ago: Nueva Labana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 82 days ago: Nueva Labana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan.