The Classical Republic of Nude East Ireland is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Someone Named Edgar with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The humorless population of 6.895 billion plural are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pergamon. The average income tax rate is 89.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient adjective economy, worth 534 trillion witty comebacks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 77,555 witty comebacks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Nude East Ireland's radio stations, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nude East Ireland's national animal is the homeless orphan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Nude East Ireland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Nude East Ireland, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 7 days ago: Nude East Ireland created a custom banner.
- 10 days ago: Nude East Ireland altered its national flag.
- 15 days ago: Nude East Ireland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Nude East Ireland altered its national flag.
- 21 days ago: Nude East Ireland changed its national leader to "Someone Named Edgar" and its motto to "Something, Something, Something Else".
- 26 days ago: Nude East Ireland's influence in Ankh Mauta rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Nude East Ireland, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion.
- 33 days ago: Nude East Ireland was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Consty-Dau.