The Classical Republic of Nude East Ireland is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lord-President Avangardenos with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 7.052 billion plural are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pergamon. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient adjective economy, worth 547 trillion witty comebacks a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 77,622 witty comebacks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, and nudity is frowned upon. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nude East Ireland's national animal is the homeless orphan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 minutes ago
- 14 hours ago: Nude East Ireland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Nude East Ireland, nudity is frowned upon.
- 8 days ago: Nude East Ireland endorsed The Empire of Nightkill the Emperor.
- 11 days ago: Nude East Ireland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 13 days ago: Nude East Ireland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Nude East Ireland, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion.
- 19 days ago: Nude East Ireland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Nude East Ireland, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Nude East Ireland, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 25 days ago: Nude East Ireland changed its national leader to "Lord-President Avangardenos" and its motto to "With Every Pebble There is a Mountain of Kittens".