The Holy Empire of NSferatu is a gargantuan, orderly nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16.316 billion NSferatuans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 89.5%.
The strong NSferatuan economy, worth 664 trillion vials of blood a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, extremely specialized black market in Gambling and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 40,722 vials of blood, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary, elections have been outlawed, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. NSferatu's national animal is the vampire bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NSferatu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : NSferatu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : NSferatu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : NSferatu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : NSferatu's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : NSferatu's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : NSferatu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : NSferatu altered its national flag.
- : NSferatu lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : NSferatu relocated from Osiris to The South Pacific.