“If you lived here you'd be home now”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Commonwealth of Nphyx is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Grand High Bob with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.415 billion Nphyxians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hiigara. The average income tax rate is 26%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and notable individuals are granted land and titles. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nphyx's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is Iggyism, and its currency is the Quatloos.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Nphyx, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- 15 days ago: Nphyx endorsed The Free Land of Five Bridges.
- 17 days ago: Nphyx was endorsed by The Free Land of Five Bridges.
- 18 days ago: Nphyx endorsed The Republic of Indonesa.
- 18 days ago: Nphyx was endorsed by The Republic of Indonesa.
- 19 days ago: Nphyx was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Nphyx was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Nphyx, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Nphyx, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Nphyx, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Grosseschnauzer, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Blackshear41, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Andromeda Islands, Esponnise, Selfgradatude, Democratic Republic of England, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Macworld, Fourth, Spadestan, Mandexia, Bothia, Renetopia, Zeroxis, HMS Unicorn, Jefffliu, Mk Steele, Alunya, Olvern, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, Sheldanada, Asian Union Pact, Arcadiom, Whereisthatistan, Oilgarchy, New Absurdistan, Kitabo, EretzIsrael, Pluxlups, Eumbner, Calamazo, XxGAMERZxX, Abacathea, Varovanjov, Lokarth, Kevaren, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lionia, and 9 others.Karazan, Satvahan, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Mwaoam, Great Bights Mum, Falapatorius, Malvad, Indonesa, and Five Bridges.