“ˇGloria In Excelsis Deo!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Theocratic Empire of Novus Kanaan is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Lord Archcanon Weizmer with an iron fist, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.566 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Apex Lux. The average income tax rate is 91%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The Holy Office of the Inquisition is the highest court in the land, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the government snoops on private internet connections, and cheating spouses are required to undergo job training. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Novus Kanaan's national animal is the Mountain Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Messiano Christovo, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Novus Kanaan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days ago: Novus Kanaan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 5 days ago: Novus Kanaan altered its national flag.
- 6 days ago: Novus Kanaan published the Factbook "History".
- 6 days ago: Novus Kanaan published the Factbook "General Information and Government".
- 6 days ago: Novus Kanaan published the Factbook "Map".
- 6 days ago: Novus Kanaan published the Factbook "Novus Kanaan Religion".
- 6 days ago: Novus Kanaan altered its national flag.
- 6 days ago: Novus Kanaan was refounded.
- 122 days ago: Novus Kanaan ceased to exist.