The Proletarskaya Respubliki of Novaya Tselinoyarsk is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prezydent Gurlukovich with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.748 billion Proletariatss hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Groznyj Grad. The average income tax rate is 4.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Novaya Tselinoyarskian economy, worth a remarkable 1,243 trillion Chervonetss a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 127,553 Chervonetss, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, and the government seizes all major gold finds. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Novaya Tselinoyarsk's national animal is the Arctic Fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk was refounded in Balder.
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk ceased to exist.
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Novaya Tselinoyarsk's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".