“Les arbres aux racines profondes sont ceux qui montent ”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Kingdom of Nou Occitania is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by la Familha Reial de Mistral with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.055 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toulouse. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 51%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, the world outside is only known of in folklore, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nou Occitania's national animal is the ibex, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 11 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Nou Occitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Nou Occitania was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, the world outside is only known of in folklore.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Nou Occitania endorsed The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Tigyland, Alsted, Nuweland, Saconian, Eurosceptic Citizens, Jenesia, Stromia, Sybaritic Socialists, Capricania, Valrem, Voxum Mortalum, Puerto Thelosia, Dauershire, Malacovia, Short shorts, Lexembourg, Hamstery, Chiolena, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Silberia, Grasaland, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Kroinengin, The City-State of Vienna, Ascara, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, Shadeius, Oswaroth, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Paxderius, Toongoosia, The Kingdom of Germania, Outer Prussia, Ravenstein, Pileusia, Echo von Cotta, Drenetharada, Gr4nd3nia, The Seven Provinces, Veeten Engines, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Kirito, Norway and Iceland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Sahrath, Nova Prutenia, and 33 others.Soviet Shlyapy, Vest Franksland, Jon4de85, The Northern Scottish Isles, The Roman Alliance, North-Western Russia, Imadistan, Albertinum, Greater Konigsberg, Artotzka, Marmotien, French Canadia, Bering, New Brussland, Bylantia, Mirandia, Strajalands, The Fair Republic, Ansington, Corcrya, Constia, Foucaults garden, Nukls-Andwicz, Domanouq, Sperostet, Pesaro and Urbino, Empire og Kirgizia, Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum, Santamio, Portugal and Islands, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Cor Lux, and Ancient Dacia.