“Les arbres aux racines profondes sont ceux qui montent ”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Kingdom of Nou Occitania is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by la Familha Reial de Mistral with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.405 billion Nou Occitanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toulouse. The average income tax rate is 69%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, artists are pillars of society, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nou Occitania's national animal is the ibex, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Nou Occitania fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 14 days ago: Nou Occitania was endorsed by The Dominion of Langworthy.
- 14 days ago: Nou Occitania was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Nou Occitania, artists are pillars of society.
- 14 days ago: Nou Occitania endorsed The Dominion of Langworthy.
- 14 days ago: Nou Occitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Joint Systems Alliance"".
- 14 days ago: Nou Occitania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Wildfires".
- 16 days ago: Nou Occitania was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Pantoufle.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Tigyland, Alsted, Nuweland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Jenesia, Stromia, Sybaritic Socialists, Valrem, Voxum Mortalum, Puerto Thelosia, Dauershire, Malacovia, Short shorts, Lexembourg, Hamstery, Chiolena, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Silberia, Grasaland, Multatuli, Marmiedon, Kroinengin, The City-State of Vienna, Ascara, Fenian Provinces, Venetoland, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Toongoosia, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Drenetharada, The Seven Provinces, Veeten Engines, Indulgence and Ecstasy, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Nova Prutenia, Jon4de85, Albertinum, Greater Konigsberg, Marmotien, French Canadia, Bering, The Fair Republic, Foucaults garden, Nukls-Andwicz, Santamio, Each-Uisge, Kureimoa, and 33 others.Lieges, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Kaiserusse, Lothairia, Welsh Valley, Turukelia, British Isles and Commonwealth Realms, An Clar, Lenis, Norse German Federation, Ecclestia, Athos and Byzantium, Icerland, Estacia, Sahtiala, Walira, Horreum, Mount Liban, Semalia, Heusdendaal, Termunus, Zavalka, Unicorania, Pileusia, Ekeren, The Imperial Plains, Celtayoshi, Sarmalute, Dirz, Pantoufle, and Langworthy.