The Kingdom of Norway is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Erna Solberg with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 7.931 billion Norwegians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oslo. The average income tax rate is 35.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Norwayian economy, worth 304 trillion Kroner a year, is led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 38,398 Kroner, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, it's always rabbit season, anyone who so much as frowns risks being referred to a mental health unit, and government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norway's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norway's influence in Minoa rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Norway's influence in Minoa rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Norway's influence in Minoa rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Norway relocated from Lazarus to Minoa.
- : Norway's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Norway was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Norway's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Norway was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Norway ceased to exist.
- : Norway's influence in The Coalition of Governments rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".