The Kingdom of Norway is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jens Stoltenberg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, ban on automobiles, and keen interest in outer space. The democratic population of 6.846 billion Norwegians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oslo. The average income tax rate is 25.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Norwayian economy, worth 248 trillion Kroner a year, is quite specialized and led by the Soda Sales industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,330 Kroner, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and a vast monorail network carries people all over the country. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Norway's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norway was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Norway fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Norway was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Norway changed its national leader to "Jens Stoltenberg".
- : Norway was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Norway was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Norway was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Norway was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Norway, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Norway, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.