“We live with honor, maintain liberty, & promote freedom”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic Democracy of Norvine is a massive, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 4.639 billion Norvinians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trenton. The average income tax rate is 47%, but much higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, Silver-backed Gorilla is one of the most popular forenames in Norvine, and rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Euronitieses of property damage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norvine's national animal is the Silver-backed Gorilla, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Euronities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Norvine was refounded in Lazarus.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Norvine ceased to exist.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Norvine, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Euronitieses of property damage.
- 32 days ago: Norvine changed its national demonym to "Norvinian".
- 45 days ago: Norvine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 48 days ago: Norvine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 86 days ago: Norvine relocated from The Black Riders to Balder.
- 87 days ago: Norvine was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 89 days ago: Norvine relocated from Balder to The Black Riders.
- 89 days ago: Norvine was refounded in Balder.