“We live with honor, maintain liberty, & promote freedom”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Republic Democracy of Norvine is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.555 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trenton. The average income tax rate is 44%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, euthanasia is illegal, and mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norvine's national animal is the Silver-backed Gorilla, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Euronities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 36 days ago: Norvine fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 92 days ago: Norvine's influence in Asana rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 93 days ago: Norvine's influence in Asana fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 94 days ago: Norvine was endorsed by Kog switcher e.
- 108 days ago: Norvine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 122 days ago: Norvine was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 136 days ago: Norvine's influence in Asana rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- 137 days ago: Norvine lost WA Delegate status in Asana.
- 138 days ago: Norvine's influence in Asana rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 163 days ago: Norvine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
Endorsements Received: None.