“You have one button. Ours is a nation of many buttons.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Itchy Red Patch of Norvikeland is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by The Peoples Person of Odin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 23.389 billion Norvikelandingers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been recorded, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, crooks and people with too many kids are being kicked out of the country, and hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norvikeland's national animal is the purple clad minotaur, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the vikadollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 28 days ago
- 12 days ago: Norvikeland was endorsed by The Holy Easter Egg Hunter of Spadanera.
- 12 days ago: Norvikeland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 28 days ago: Norvikeland endorsed The Matriarchy of Innato.
- 30 days ago: Norvikeland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 32 days ago: Norvikeland was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Innato.
- 46 days ago: Norvikeland endorsed Thenationofthives.
- 50 days ago: Norvikeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 60 days ago: Norvikeland's influence in Wysteria rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 60 days ago: Norvikeland changed its national demonym to "Norvikelandinger".
- 60 days ago: Norvikeland's influence in Wysteria fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".