The Itchy Red Patch of Norvikeland is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Peoples Person of Odin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 25.074 billion Norvikelandingers love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 85.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Norvikelandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,882 trillion vikadollars a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,069 vikadollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been recorded, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, crooks and people with too many kids are being kicked out of the country, and hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norvikeland's national animal is the purple clad minotaur, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 days ago
- 9 days ago: Norvikeland was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 17 days ago: Norvikeland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Aulmeraland.
- 21 days ago: Norvikeland was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Accarina.
- 25 days ago: Norvikeland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights of Indigenous Peoples"".
- 25 days ago: Norvikeland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 36 days ago: Norvikeland endorsed The Republic of Idaho State University.
- 43 days ago: Norvikeland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 48 days ago: Norvikeland was endorsed by The Republic of Idaho State University.
- 55 days ago: Norvikeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 79 days ago: Norvikeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).