The Itchy Red Patch of Norvikeland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Peoples Person of Odin with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 24.354 billion Norvikelandingers enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 85.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Norvikelandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,825 trillion vikadollars a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 74,937 vikadollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been recorded, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, crooks and people with too many kids are being kicked out of the country, and hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norvikeland's national animal is the purple clad minotaur, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 44 days ago
- 5 days ago: Norvikeland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Norvikeland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 20 days ago: Norvikeland's influence in Wysteria rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 33 days ago: Norvikeland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 38 days ago: Norvikeland fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 38 days ago: Norvikeland was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 41 days ago: Norvikeland fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 44 days ago: Norvikeland endorsed The Principality of Laugharne.
- 44 days ago: Norvikeland changed its national motto to "Me winning isn't. You do.".
- 47 days ago: Norvikeland was endorsed by The Principality of Laugharne.