The Provisional Government of Northrop-Grumman is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Chairwoman Siri O'Neill with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 24.829 billion Grummians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hawthorne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Grummian economy, worth a remarkable 3,638 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 146,542 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 710,411 per year while the poor average 17,497, a ratio of 40.6 to 1.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, Chairwoman Siri O'Neill has just been declared ruler of Northrop-Grumman in an international press conference, Northrop-Grumman has designated Hawthorne as its capital city, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Northrop-Grumman's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Northrop-Grumman published "National Factbook of Northrop-Grumman" (Factbook: Overview).
- 12 days ago: Northrop-Grumman granted posting privileges on the Concordat of Phoenix Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- 12 days ago: Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from FANTASIA for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- 30 days ago: Northrop-Grumman agreed to construct embassies between Concordat of Phoenix and Armagedox.
- 38 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 40 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 42 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the Concordat of Phoenix Regional Message Board.
- 61 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the The Vast Regional Message Board.
- 67 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the Concordat of Phoenix Regional Message Board.
- 72 days ago: Northrop-Grumman proposed constructing embassies between Concordat of Phoenix and Titan.