|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Concordat of Phoenix
The Provisional Government of Northrop-Grumman is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Chairwoman Siri O'Neill with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 23.64 billion Grummians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The tiny, pro-business government concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hawthorne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, Chairwoman Siri O'Neill has just been declared ruler of Northrop-Grumman in an international press conference, Northrop-Grumman has designated Hawthorne as its capital city, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northrop-Grumman's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- 60 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 71 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the The Vast Regional Message Board.
- 93 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 96 days ago: Northrop-Grumman fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 101 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the The Vast Regional Message Board.
- 101 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 103 days ago: Northrop-Grumman updated the World Factbook entry in Concordat of Phoenix.
- 108 days ago: Northrop-Grumman proposed constructing embassies between Concordat of Phoenix and Haven.