The Provisional Government of Northrop-Grumman is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Chairwoman Siri O'Neill with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 24.453 billion Grummians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Education are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hawthorne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Grummian economy, worth a remarkable 3,583 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 146,542 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 710,411 per year while the poor average 17,497, a ratio of 40.6 to 1.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, Chairwoman Siri O'Neill has just been declared ruler of Northrop-Grumman in an international press conference, Northrop-Grumman has designated Hawthorne as its capital city, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Northrop-Grumman's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the Concordat of Phoenix Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Northrop-Grumman proposed constructing embassies between Concordat of Phoenix and Titan.
- 12 days ago: Northrop-Grumman fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from The Novus Teronia Galaxy for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- 15 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the The Vast Regional Message Board.
- 17 days ago: Northrop-Grumman fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 19 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the Concordat of Phoenix Regional Message Board.
- 49 days ago: Northrop-Grumman's influence in Concordat of Phoenix fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 60 days ago: Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the Concordat of Phoenix Regional Message Board.