The Provisional Government of Northrop-Grumman is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chairwoman Siri O'Neill with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 25.207 billion Grummians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hawthorne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Grummian economy, worth a remarkable 3,693 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 146,542 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 710,411 per year while the poor average 17,497, a ratio of 40.6 to 1.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, Chairwoman Siri O'Neill has just been declared ruler of Northrop-Grumman in an international press conference, Northrop-Grumman has designated Hawthorne as its capital city, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Northrop-Grumman's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from Land of the Crimson Dragon for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- 43 days ago: Northrop-Grumman published "Individuals of Note" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- 48 days ago: Northrop-Grumman's influence in Concordat of Phoenix rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 57 days ago: Northrop-Grumman published "Universal Network for the Integrated Transactional Economy (UNITE)" (Factbook: Economy).
- 57 days ago: Northrop-Grumman published "Grummian Citizenship" (Factbook: Legislation).
- 66 days ago: Northrop-Grumman published "National Factbook of Northrop-Grumman" (Factbook: Overview).
- 75 days ago: Northrop-Grumman granted posting privileges on the Concordat of Phoenix Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- 75 days ago: Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from FANTASIA for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- 93 days ago: Northrop-Grumman agreed to construct embassies between Concordat of Phoenix and Armagedox.