The Provisional Government of Northrop-Grumman is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chairwoman Siri O'Neill with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 27.343 billion Grummians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hawthorne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Grummian economy, worth a remarkable 4,042 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 147,856 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 716,783 per year while the poor average 17,654, a ratio of 40.6 to 1.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, Chairwoman Siri O'Neill has just been declared ruler of Northrop-Grumman in an international press conference, Northrop-Grumman has designated Hawthorne as its capital city, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Northrop-Grumman's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northrop-Grumman's influence in Concordat of Phoenix rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from New Montreal for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- : Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from Queens Coming Into Our Own for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- : Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the The Vast Regional Message Board.
- : Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Northrop-Grumman voted for The Atomic Boots of NewTexas in Round 3 of the election.
- : Northrop-Grumman voted for The What of Todd McCloud in Round 3 of the election.
- : Northrop-Grumman voted for The Atomic Boots of NewTexas in Round 2 of the election.
- : Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies, Largest Populations, Largest Mining Sector, and Highest Economic Output and the Top 5% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.