|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Concordat of Phoenix
The Provisional Government of Northrop-Grumman is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Chairwoman Siri O'Neill with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 22.562 billion enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The tiny, pro-business government is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hawthorne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, Chairwoman Siri O'Neill has just been declared ruler of Northrop-Grumman in an international press conference, Northrop-Grumman has designated Hawthorne as its capital city, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northrop-Grumman's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 18 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 21 days ago: Northrop-Grumman purchased a ByteCoin miner for ฿ 4.000.
- 21 days ago: Northrop-Grumman transferred ฿ 2.000 ByteCoin from an account in The Friendly Expos-loving banker of Todd McCloud to The Dominion of Dread Lady Nathicana.
- 21 days ago: Northrop-Grumman updated the World Factbook entry in Concordat of Phoenix.
- 21 days ago: Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from The Illuminati for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- 21 days ago: Northrop-Grumman purchased a ByteCoin miner for ฿ 2.000.
- 23 days ago: Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from The Illuminati for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- 80 days ago: Northrop-Grumman relocated from The Eternal Knights to Concordat of Phoenix.
- 80 days ago: Northrop-Grumman relocated from Concordat of Phoenix to The Eternal Knights.