The Provisional Government of Northrop-Grumman is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Chairwoman Siri O'Neill with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 27.687 billion Grummians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hawthorne. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Grummian economy, worth a remarkable 4,093 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 147,856 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 716,783 per year while the poor average 17,654, a ratio of 40.6 to 1.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, Chairwoman Siri O'Neill has just been declared ruler of Northrop-Grumman in an international press conference, Northrop-Grumman has designated Hawthorne as its capital city, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Northrop-Grumman's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Northrop-Grumman's influence in Concordat of Phoenix fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Northrop-Grumman's influence in Concordat of Phoenix rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from New Montreal for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- : Northrop-Grumman rejected a request from Queens Coming Into Our Own for an embassy with Concordat of Phoenix.
- : Northrop-Grumman lodged a message on the The Vast Regional Message Board.
- : Northrop-Grumman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.