“EAT A BEAVER SAVE A TREE”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: International Democracy Union
The Kingdom of Northern Knights is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.1 billion Northern Knightsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. The average income tax rate is 13%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Northern Knights's national animal is the Beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Loonie.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Northern Knights's influence in International Democracy Union rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 21 hours ago: Northern Knights voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Northern Knights voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Northern Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Northern Knights's influence in International Democracy Union rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 4 days ago: Northern Knights fell out of the world Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 4 days ago: Northern Knights was endorsed by The Magistrality of Nova Doria.
- 5 days ago: Northern Knights was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Northern Knights, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Northern Knights, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.