The Socialist Yuzar Republic of Northern Bavungria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Peoples Dictator Heduk Lore with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 10.274 billion Yuzarians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lanverska. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The very strong Yuzarian economy, worth 980 trillion Stalikoes a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 95,417 Stalikoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northern Bavungria's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 13 days ago: Northern Bavungria was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Libertarian Police State".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Northern Bavungria, euthanasia is legal.
- 23 days ago: Northern Bavungria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Northern Bavungria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 25 days ago: Northern Bavungria fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 25 days ago: Northern Bavungria's influence in Union of Socialist Confederate Republics rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 30 days ago: Northern Bavungria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 35 days ago: Northern Bavungria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 47 days ago: Northern Bavungria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 52 days ago: Northern Bavungria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.