The Democratic Kingdom of Northern Anglica is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alice Urquhart with an even hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 12.176 billion Anglicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Essex Hill. The average income tax rate is 90.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Anglican economy, worth 723 trillion Anglican Pounds a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 59,409 Anglican Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's train stations are widely considered to be the ugliest in The Brisbane Pact, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, all recreational drugs are legal, and there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Anglican grocery store. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northern Anglica's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northern Anglica proposed constructing embassies between The Brisbane Pact and Israel.
- : Northern Anglica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
- : Northern Anglica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act"".
- : Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output.
- : Northern Anglica's influence in The Brisbane Pact rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
Endorsements Received: None.