The People's Republic of Northern Anglica is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chancellor Albert Forrester with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.446 billion Anglicans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Essex Hill. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped an Anglican economy, worth 370 trillion Anglican Marks a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,248 Anglican Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Northern Anglica's radio stations, cars are banned from built-up areas, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, and skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northern Anglica's national animal is the Vulture, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 17 hours ago: Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 7 days ago: Northern Anglica was refounded in Osiris.
- 23 days ago: Northern Anglica ceased to exist.
- 24 days ago: Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 37 days ago: Northern Anglica fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 47 days ago: Northern Anglica's influence in CSSR rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 49 days ago: Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 51 days ago: Northern Anglica's influence in CSSR rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 51 days ago: Following new legislation in Northern Anglica, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.