The Democratic Kingdom of Northern Anglica is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alice Urquhart with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 11.795 billion Anglicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Essex Hill. The average income tax rate is 88.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Anglican economy, worth 684 trillion Anglican Pounds a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,057 Anglican Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
A vast monorail network carries people all over the country, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards, and bris parties are all the rage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northern Anglica's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Northern Anglica was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Northern Anglica's influence in The Brisbane Pact fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Northern Anglica voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Northern Anglica voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preservation of Artefacts"".
- : Northern Anglica's influence in The Brisbane Pact fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Following new legislation in Northern Anglica, bris parties are all the rage.
- : Northern Anglica voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Transfers".
- : Northern Anglica removed regional password protection from The Brisbane Pact.
- : Northern Anglica's influence in The Brisbane Pact rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
Endorsements Received: None.