The Socialist Republic of Northern Anglica is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor Leonard Maxwell with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.698 billion Anglicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Essex Hill. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Anglican economy, worth 545 trillion Anglican Marks a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 51,007 Anglican Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Tabloids coo over Chancellor Leonard Maxwell's expected child, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, and vaccinations are mandatory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Northern Anglica's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Northern Anglica's influence in UNSSR rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Northern Anglica's influence in UNSSR rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Northern Anglica's influence in UNSSR rose from "Auxiliary" to "Contender".
- : Northern Anglica's influence in UNSSR rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Auxiliary".
- : Northern Anglica's influence in UNSSR rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Northern Anglica was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Northern Anglica, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Northern Anglica relocated from CSSR to UNSSR.
- : Northern Anglica's influence in CSSR rose from "Instigator" to "Superpower".
- : Northern Anglica's influence in CSSR rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".