“Deo favente, Deo adiuvante, Deo gratias”
|Category: Right-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Holy Catholic Celtic Kingdom of North Breifne is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by King Féidhlim with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.619 billion are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Religion & Spirituality, with areas such as Social Equality and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coláiste na Tríonóide. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 47%. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Gambling and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
Abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, the judicial system legislates morality, and euthanasia is illegal. Crime is crippling. North Breifne's national animal is the phoenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 10 hours ago: North Breifne's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 8 days ago: North Breifne fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 12 days ago: North Breifne's influence in Coalition of Catholic States fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 17 days ago: North Breifne was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 25 days ago: North Breifne relocated from Lazarus to Coalition of Catholic States.
- 25 days ago: North Breifne altered its national flag.
- 25 days ago: North Breifne was refounded in Lazarus.
- 32 days ago: North Breifne ceased to exist.
- 86 days ago: North Breifne fell out of the world Top 10% for Stupidest Citizens.
- 100 days ago: Following new legislation in North Breifne, euthanasia is illegal.