The Holy Catholic Celtic Kingdom of North Breifne is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Féidhlim with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 10.705 billion North Breifneans are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The large, moralistic, pro-business government is effectively ruled by the Department of Spirituality, with Social Policy and Healthcare not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coláiste na Tríonóide. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 53.7%.
The very strong North Breifnean economy, worth 700 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Trout Farming. Average income is 65,391 dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 560,853 per year while the poor average 1,301, a ratio of 431 to 1.
Abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, the government spends its days financing the delocalisation of its own economy, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, and research into 'designer babies' is banned. Crime is a problem, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. North Breifne's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : North Breifne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : North Breifne fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : North Breifne was refounded in Osiris.
- : North Breifne ceased to exist.
- : North Breifne's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : North Breifne fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : North Breifne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : North Breifne was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative.
- : North Breifne fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : North Breifne fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.