The United Republic of Norstal is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Eirson with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful population of 17.81 billion Norsicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coberg. The average income tax rate is 2.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Norsican economy, worth a remarkable 4,968 trillion Standardized Norses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 278,948 Standardized Norses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Oddly patriotic flash mobs spontaneously sing the national anthem, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, and Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Coberg to enjoy their national art. Crime is totally unknown. Norstal's national animal is the swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Universalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Norstal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and the Top 10% for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Norstal, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Coberg to enjoy their national art.
- : Following new legislation in Norstal, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Norstal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
- : Norstal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : Norstal was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Norstal changed its national leader to "President Eirson" and its nation type to "United Republic".
- : Following new legislation in Norstal, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
Endorsements Received: None.