The United Corporations of Norstal is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Executive Chairman Niel with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, strictly enforced bedtime, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful population of 17.141 billion Norsicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coberg. The average income tax rate is 1.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Norsican economy, worth a remarkable 4,804 trillion Standardized Norses a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 280,278 Standardized Norses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters. Crime is totally unknown. Norstal's national animal is the swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Universalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norstal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Norstal fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : Norstal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Norstal's influence in Ankh Mauta rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Norstal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Norstal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Norstal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).