“Work Hard, Live Easy”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Ankh Mauta
The United Corporations of Norstal is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Executive Chairman Niel with an even hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 14.924 billion Norsicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coberg. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Norsican economy, worth a remarkable 4,206 trillion Standardized Norses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 281,829 Standardized Norses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Coberg, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, and phone taps are frequently carried out by the police. Crime is totally unknown. Norstal's national animal is the swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Universalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Norstal was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Norstal fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- 23 days ago: Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 33 days ago: Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 33 days ago: Norstal endorsed The Holy marmalade republic of Esternial.
- 33 days ago: Norstal was endorsed by The Holy marmalade republic of Esternial.
- 40 days ago: Norstal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 47 days ago: Norstal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 50 days ago: Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 51 days ago: Norstal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).