|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Orbis Terrae
The Dominion of Norad is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The compassionate, hard-working population of 3.176 billion Noradians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 30%. A healthy private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Norad City Times is sold out, protests are illegal, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people, and citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norad's national animal is the Leopard, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Norad was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 12 days ago: Norad's influence in Orbis Terrae rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 31 days ago: Norad's influence in Orbis Terrae rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 41 days ago: Norad was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 46 days ago: Norad's influence in Orbis Terrae rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 47 days ago: Norad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 1%).
- 102 days ago: Norad lodged a message on the Orbis Terrae Regional Message Board.
- 102 days ago: Norad relocated from Transilvania to Orbis Terrae.
- 102 days ago: Following new legislation in Norad, citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy.
- 103 days ago: Following new legislation in Norad, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people.