|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Orbis Terrae
The Dominion of Norad is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its enforced nudity. The compassionate, hard-working population of 3.578 billion Noradians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 32%. A healthy private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Norad City Times is sold out, protests are illegal, rag-wearing teachers are often mistaken for homeless people, and citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norad's national animal is the Leopard, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 22 days ago: Norad was struck by a Cure Missile from The Royal Empire of Iander, curing 1 million infected.
- 37 days ago: Norad's influence in Orbis Terrae rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 61 days ago: Norad's influence in Orbis Terrae rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 70 days ago: Norad was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 79 days ago: Norad's influence in Orbis Terrae rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 97 days ago: Norad's influence in Orbis Terrae rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 107 days ago: Norad was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 112 days ago: Norad's influence in Orbis Terrae rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 113 days ago: Norad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 1%).
- 168 days ago: Norad lodged a message on the Orbis Terrae Regional Message Board.